The following investigations and therapies may be ordered by the Nurse Practitioner
- Chest X ray
- Basic Bio chemistry investigations – Hb, PCV,TIBC, WBC Total, WBC differentials, ESR, Electrolytes, platelets, PT, aPTT, bleeding and clotting time, procalcitonin, D diamer, creatinine, HbA1C, AC, PC, HDL, LDL, TIG, Cholesterol total, HIV, HbsAg, HCV,
- Basic Microbiology investigations – blood samples for culture and sensitivity, tips of vascular access and ET tube for culture.
- Chest physiotherapy
- Distal colostomy wash
- Insertion and removal of urinary catheter for female patients.
- Test feeds
- Surgical dressing
- Starting and closing dialysis
- Administration of TPN infusion with written order
- Application of Icthammol Glycerin / Magnesium Sulphate dressing for Thrombophlebitis / extravasation.
- Pin site care for patients on external fixators
- Isometric and isotonic exercises
Syllabus & Regulations Nurse Practitioner in Critical Care Post Graduate Residency Program, Published by INC,New Delhi, 2016
Please comment down if you have any query regarding this, we will be happy to help you.
Share with your friends if this article 'Investigations and therapies may be ordered by the Nurse Practitioner' is worth of a share.