The following investigations and therapies may be ordered by the Nurse Practitioner
- Chest X ray
- Basic Bio chemistry investigations – Hb, PCV,TIBC, WBC Total, WBC differentials, ESR, Electrolytes, platelets, PT, aPTT, bleeding and clotting time, procalcitonin, D diamer, creatinine, HbA1C, AC, PC, HDL, LDL, TIG, Cholesterol total, HIV, HbsAg, HCV,
- Basic Microbiology investigations – blood samples for culture and sensitivity, tips of vascular access and ET tube for culture.
- Chest physiotherapy
- Distal colostomy wash
- Insertion and removal of urinary catheter for female patients.
- Test feeds
- Surgical dressing
- Starting and closing dialysis
- Administration of TPN infusion with written order
- Application of Icthammol Glycerin / Magnesium Sulphate dressing for Thrombophlebitis / extravasation.
- Pin site care for patients on external fixators
- Isometric and isotonic exercises
Syllabus & Regulations Nurse Practitioner in Critical Care Post Graduate Residency Program, Published by INC,New Delhi, 2016